Yes, it's peach season again! Over the weekend I made my now World Famous (thanks to all you wonderful visitors from around the world!) Zesty Peach Barbecue Sauce!This year, I did things a bit differently. As I was cutting my peaches into the measuring bowl, I added the apple cider vinegar, and it kept my BBQ sauce bright and peachy with flecks of sweet red pepper visible! I love the new look!
I whipped up a batch of peach ice cream . . . Fruity peach purée, lemon juice (to keep it fresh and bright tasting), heavy whipping cream, fresh chopped peaches and sugar. Simple ingredients for a simply delicious ice cream!
The original recipe made almost a gallon of ice cream, so I have halved the recipe for those using the smaller counter, ice cream maker. I had to make mine in 3 batches because it made so much! I have added more cream and chopped peaches, and decreased the sugar by almost half and the results where the Peachiest Peach Ice Cream Ev-er!
After many taste tests, we all agreed, the peach purée and decreased sugar gives this ice cream such an intense, fresh, peachy flavor . . .
PEACHIEST PEACH ICE CREAM . . . Ev-er!
4 cups fresh peach purée
Juice from 1 lemon
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups fresh chopped peaches
3/4 cups pure cane sugar
- Wash peaches.
- With a paring knife, halve peaches; squeeze halves over an 8 cup glass measuring bowl until you have 4 cups of juice.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lemon; add to peach purée.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream; mix well.
- In a 2 cup measure or small bowl ~ Peel and chop 2 cups of peaches; add sugar; stir.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours to thoroughly chill.
- Pour all ingredients into ice cream machine and freeze according to your manufacturer's instructions (I set my timer for 22 minutes).
- Scoop ice cream into freezer containers and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.
Will and I have been doing really well with our lower carb lifestyle. Yesterday was his Momma's birthday and I served this refreshing, peachy ice cream in place of cake. When you are using fresh, organic fruits, it makes it so much easier to say, "No!" to the heavier carb ladden foods!It doesn't get better than this . . . Peachiest Peach Ice Cream!
Peach, apricot, blackberry and sweet corn season are in full swing . . . Soon the tomatoes, apples and plums will be ripe and ready for all sorts of flavorful creations . . . Over at Julie's!!!
What's growing in your garden?