I love potatoes . . . fried, boiled, roasted, au gratin, mashed, French fries (baked), scalloped, garlic mashed, potato chips, and of course Potato Salad!
Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, and Baby Chicks for Easter Dinner.
Potato Salad tastes great with hamburgers, baby back ribs, hot dogs . . . picnic foods. But, it is also a great accompaniment with meat loaf, sandwiches, and even ham. This is one of those recipes you need to learn how to make and add to your culinary repertoire. With this recipe, they'll always ask you to, "Please bring your potato salad!"
Recipe can be doubled
2 lbs. potatoes, boiled
3 eggs, boiled
2 tablespoons red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely minced or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely minced, optional
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons good mayo
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or classic yellow
2 shakes of Tabasco brand pepper sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons white sugar
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly. Cut in half and place in large saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover potatoes with water. Heat to boiling and then set timer for 15-16 minutes until tender. Drain. Cool, and peel off skins with a paring knife. Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Bring eggs to boil, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 9 minutes. Cool eggs and peel. Cut into bite-size pieces, add to the large bowl.
- To same large bowl add chopped pepper, finely minced onion, finely minced parsley, chopped celery, optional minced dill. Add salt and pepper. Toss.
POTATO SALAD DRESSING
- In a small bowl add mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and sugar.
- Whisk well. Pour dressing over potatoes, toss to coat potatoes well. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with paprika if desired.
I used the scale in the background to weigh my potatoes.
Whether you're cooking up potato salad for your family, bringing this dish to a potluck or baby shower, your potato salad will always be a big hit, because you got your recipe . . . Over at Julie's!!!