I had several readers tell me the post for Apricot Chipotle BBQ Sauce only showed the title. I have republished below. By the way, Will has already finished one jar and is starting on the next with today's grilled chicken. I might have to get another tree . . . Over at Julie's! I hope you enjoy.
Apricots are very easy to work with because you don't have to remove their skins. And, what's not to love about their intense flavor? This is a twist on my Zesty Peach BBQ Sauce that I think you will really enjoy! This recipe has a little more heat, a little more tang, and it still has the sweet!
APRICOT CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCEThis recipe made 5 1/2 8-ounce jars. I processed 5 jars and kept the remainder for the fridge.6 1/2 cups washed, chopped apricots1 cup chopped, seeded, red bell pepper (I used mini-bells)1 cup chopped onion3 tablespoons rough chopped garlic1 1/4 cup cane sugar or liquid honey3/4 cup apple cider vinegar1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder2 teaspoons dry mustard2 teaspoons salt
- Add the vinegar first to keep the apricots from browning while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a low, slow simmer, cooking for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until about the consistency of thin barbecue sauce.
- Laddle cooked sauce in blender and process on liquefy.
- Return blended sauce to large pot and heat through.
- Meanwhile heat clean, 8-ounce canning jars in a hot water bath.
- Bring canning lids and rings to a boil; turn off heat and keep hot.
- Fill hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace, wiping jar rim clean.
- Adjust lids and rings; process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat; let jars remain in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars with jar lifter.
- Allow to cool slowly on towel, away from drafts.
- Isn't the color amazing!
Here's what else I've been making . . . Over at Julie's!!!
I'd love to see what you've been cooking or canning! Send me a photo with a little note!
Have a great week and thanks for dropping by for a visit!