Coat in your favorite toppings!
Have you ever read the ingredient list on your favorite childhood frozen treats? Why do they have to be filled with so many dyes, preservatives, "natural flavorings" and chemicals? Here's a tasty, healthier solution that you're gonna love!The wonderful thing about homemade is, you get to customize your treats to your personal liking! This recipe could be done with fresh, large, red, sweet, strawberries too ;-)
Chocolate Frozen Banana Treat topped with sweetened flaked coconut and crushed peppermint candy cane.
FROZEN BANANA TREATS
6 Wooden craft sticks
2 large bananas
24 Ghiradelli dark chocolate discs or chocolate chips, about 2 ounces
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
Optional toppings ~ Finely chopped salted nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts) crushed candy cane, coconut, chocolate sprinkles, granola . . . You choose!
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to a microwaveable 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir.
- Cut each banana into 3 pieces and insert a wooden craft stick.
- Spoon melted chocolate over banana to coat (I used a long tea spoon).
- Dip, roll or sprinkle chocolate covered banana with optional nuts, candies, coconut and granola.
- Store in a covered container on waxed paper.
How simple were these to make? 3 simple ingredients- chocolate, coconut oil and a banana! Add your choice of toppings . . . My first one, I rolled in salted almonds, the next salted almonds and chocolate sprinkles, next crushed candy cane, coconut and candy cane etc.
Your kids are gonna love these, especially if they get to help by adding their own toppings! Keeping it homemade . . . Over at Julie's!!!
Please send me photos of your Frozen Banana Treat creations!