BLACKBERRY SHERBETThis icy treat adapted from Sunset magazine; perfect for our hot Arizona summers!
3 cups of fresh or frozen blackberries1 1/4 cups sugar1 tablespoon lemon juice1/8 teaspoon salt1 1/2 cups half and half
- In a blender or food processor add blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt and half and half; blend until smooth.
- Place fine strainer over 8 cup measuring bowl; pour blended berries into strainer; stir with large spoon. When there are mostly seeds left in strainer, use the back of spoon to push the remaining blended berries through the strainer (I did it in 2 batches).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Can be eaten immediately or scoop into container, cover and let harden for 2 hours.
Ingredients all measured out and ready to go!
Blend until smooth.
Raw blackberries are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and intense blackberry taste! This raw-berry creation serves up healthy goodness with a premium taste! My first bite? WOW! The flavor just burst in my mouth! The stuff I ate back when I was a kid, can't compare to the intense burst of pure berry-liciousness! And, this is actually GOOD FOR YOU!
Ain't nothing like the real thing baby . . . Over at Julie's!!!