You can make your own buttermilk if you have a milk cow. You can buy buttermilk from the dairy case or in powdered in baking section of your grocery store or . . .
Powdered buttermilk is pricey and additives are used to preserve it.
This is my simply solution for buttermilk whenever I need it! It will make biscuits, cakes, pancakes, whatever you put it in light and delicious!
DIY ~ HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK
Apple cider vinegar
- For each cup of "Buttermilk" ~ Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the bottom of a 1 cup measure.
- Fill with milk up to the 1-cup or 8 ounce line.
- Place milk mixture in microwave, on DEFROST, with setting at 0 .1 lbs. or (50% power for 45 seconds).
- Warming the milk mixture will help the milk curdle more quickly (can also warm milk by placing measuring cup in a bowl of hot water).
- Voila! Homemade Buttermilk quick, simple, no added expense, with just 2 ingredients you already have on hand!
From . . . Over at Julie's!!!