- Peel and core pears, leaving peelings and cores for the chickens.
- Chop pears, add juice from 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons butter and stir.
- Simmer pear mixture on low for approximately 15 minutes, stirring the last 5 minutes to keep pears from scorching.
- When pears have reduce to about half, spoon into a clean, glass 1-cup canning jar; refrigerate.
Tomorrow, I make a batch of biscuits to give this butter it's perfect canvas!
That's it! Simple, and simply delicious! Who knew overripe pears could taste this good . . . Over at Julie's!!!