Because our winter was so mild, for the first time ever in 21 years, we are picking lemons in July! In Arizona lemon season normally begins in December. So, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade . . . Strawberry Lemonade!STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
4 to 5 washed lemons, equaling 3/4 cup lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
3/4 cup filtered water
3/4 cup sugar
4 large strawberries, washed
Enough filtered water and ice to equal 2 quarts
- Zest the thin outer yellow layer of 1 lemon.
- To a 4-cup bowl add lemon zest, 3/4 cup filtered water and 3/4 cup sugar, stir.
- Microwave contents of bowl for 4 minutes, stir.
- Add ice to bowl to cool down lemon syrup.
- Puree strawberries in a blender or small food processor.
- Work strawberries through a wire sieve and into lemon syrup.
- Pour lemon-strawberry syrup into a 2 quart container, leaving lemon zest in the bottom of microwave bowl.
- Add enough water and ice to equal 2 quarts of strawberry lemonade.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Fresh squeezed lemons and strawberries, full of flavor, full of vitamin C . . . A delicious thirst quencher . . . Over at Julie's!!!